Can you believe it is February already? January for me is the worst and best month of the year. Worst because I spend all of my spare time revising for exams and then I actually have to sit them too! Best because it’s my birthday in the middle of the month and I always allow myself a day off to celebrate it because I work so damn hard! It was also a bit of a write-off for me in terms of everything else. I rarely blogged, I didn’t stick to my workout schedule very well I snacked all of the time. So now a new month is here, most of my exams are out of the way and I’m determined to have a better second month to the year!
I’m an avid believer in goal-setting. I love general to-do lists (I make one every morning) but I like having something to work towards. It keeps me motivated and gives me something to focus on. This month, there are a few things I would like to achieve:
- Workout 5 times a week. I never workout on a Saturday as I’m at work and love to watch BBC1 all night long. That gives me six other days to fit in a workout!
- Workout first thing 3 times a week. By first thing, I mean as soon as I’ve woken up, got out of bed and got changed. I find that sets me in a good mood for the day plus it means you keep burning calories for hours after!
- Pass my 60wpm shorthand exam and keep practising. On my journalism course, I only have 2 months left but I need to crack shorthand. I had done but then I’ve fallen off track slightly. My exam is in just over a weeks’ time so I’m practising daily!
- Maintain my skincare routine. Face wipe, micellar water, cleanser, toner, moisturiser, day/night cream. Because I’ve been eating so much junk food in the past couple of weeks, my skin is terrible.
- Have more nutritious meals. As I said above, because I’ve been living in hotels, my diet has suffered. Now I;m back at home, I can take packed lunch when I need to be out of the house and eat proper meals when I’m in the house. Hopefully, this leads to less snacking too!
- Keep hydrated. I’ve been drinking my bodyweight in hot chocolate because of the cold recently but I’m trying to limit myself to two a day and then up my water intake. 2 litres a day minimum for me!