Food, Fitness and Fun Survey
Seeing as I’ve just joined a new gym, I thought it was fitting to do this survey. I saw it on Chrissy’s blog which is one of my faves for when I need fitspiration!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
I tend not to eat breakfast as I can never fully stomach food first thing. I tend to have a yoghurt when I wake up and then have a couple of slices of toast mid-morning. If I’m at work, I have dinner at around 11.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
During the week, I don’t drink anywhere near enough! On weekends at work, I drink about three litres. During the week, I try to aim for two.
3. What is your current favourite workout?
At the moment whilst I get back into fitness, I’m aiming for 20-30 minutes cardio in the gym and then 15 minutes stretching. I’m hoping when I’m comfortable with this, that I can add in more targeted exercises either at the gym or when I get home. I’m also looking into the classes at the gym and seeing which ones will fit into my schedule,
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
For me, I try not to count calories. I eat when I’m hungry and am trying to eat several small meals a day rather than snacking on chocolate and crisps constantly. It’s really helping to keep myself busy so I don’t think about food.
5. What are your favourite healthy snacks?
I’ve just tried frozen yoghurt for the first time and love it! I also eat a lot of chicken so buy chicken skewers and warm them up in the microwave for a snack.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Chicken sandwiches are my go-to. I love bread so would never cut that out of my diet.
7. What’s your favourite body part to strength train?
Like Chrissy, I love doing upper body moves as well as abs.
8. What’s your least favourite body part to strength train?
Lower body for sure. I have dodgy knees so struggle to do lunges and squats for long periods of time.
9. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I take lots of vitamins. In a morning, I take a chewy multivitamin, Vitamin D and an allergy tablet. Then with tea, I take an iron tablet and a vitamin B complex tablet. Before I go to bed, I take a zinc tablet too.
10. Who is your biggest supporter?
My boyfriend om is the person who pushes me the most to be a better version of myself.
11. Do you have a gym membership?
I do now, I’m at JD Gyms.
12. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I aim for eight hours a night. If not, I must have at least 6 or I’m super grumpy in the morning!
13. What has been the best thing that has changed since you committed to the healthy lifestyle?
Well I’m only on day three so I can’t really comment as of yet!
14. What was the last healthy thing you did?
I did a few stretches when I woke up.
15. What is one of your fitness goals this year?
I want to try different ways of getting fit such as classes but my main goal is to stick with it. I need to schedule in my workouts around the rest of my life.
I’m such a fussy eater that my diet will always be a work in progress but I’m determined just to cut back on junk food and exercise regularly. I’m aiming to lose a bit of weight but for me it’s about getting healthy and feeling good!