How To Declutter Your Room: Wardrobe Edition
- Take everything out of your wardrobe if you can. If not take most of it out. For me, I have a top half and a bottom half so I just take half of it out.
- Try everything on. Make sure you have a mirror close-by or have a friend there to help you out.
- Decide what to do with the items. I sort my clothes into four piles. If it fits, it goes in the keep pile. If it’s in good condition still but I don’t wear it, it goes in the eBay pile. If it’s an item that won’t sell, it goes in the donate pile. If it’s discoloured or in poor condition, it goes in the throw pile.
- Put all of the keep clothes back into your wardrobe for now and go through the other three piles again. Sometimes I find that I can sell something from the donate pile on eBay or that a throw-away item isn’t that bad and can be given to charity.
- Put all of the items in these three piles in bin-liners or boxes and put them to one side. Make sure you label the bags/boxes though!
- Take your keep pile back out of your wardrobe to sort out. By sorting out, I like to sort my clothes by type (t-shirts, blouses, cardigans, skirts, jeans etc.) and then by colour in each section.
- If certain items aren’t in season (say it’s summer and you’ve got loads of winter clothing), either hang them in the hard-to-reach places or pack them away in those vacuum bags or suitcases.
- Make sure that everything is hung up correctly and invest in new hangers if needs be.