LIFESTYLE | JANUARY GOALS
Despite making New Year’s resolutions, I think it’s equally important to make smaller, more achievable goals. This is why at the start of every month, I’ll be sharing with you a few of my goals in order to keep myself accountable!
January is always an exciting month for me as it’s my birthday (it’s on the 14th so I expect presents and cakes from you guys!) and this year, I have a week off work to celebrate it! However, this week will more than likely be spent watching TV box sets and decluttering everything that I own!
1. Keep up with my organisation. This year, all people have done is buy me diaries so I now have 8 to use! I’ve decided to use different planners for different uses: one for everyday, one for blogging, one for exercise/food, one for finances, one for journalling and one to track my reading! I might do a post later on in the month with my set-ups!
2. No spending on toiletries or make-up. Over Christmas, I received lots of toiletries and make-up as gifts as well as buying a few for myself during the Christmas period too. This month and probably the next few, I want to use up the items that I have before I start stocking up!
3. Go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I decided to join a more expensive gym so that I’d make sure I went regularly. Over Christmas, I’ve not been at all so this January, I want to aim for 3-4 sessions a week as well as add in some at-home workouts!
4. Get to 3,000 Twitter followers. I’m at around 2.9k currently but I’d love to get that extra 100 by the end of the month.
5. Start living a minimalist life. On the 1st, I decided to have a huge clearout of books, CDs and DVDs and made over £55 just by using Zapper, Ziffit and Music Magpie. I want to continue this decluttering so that I own only things that I love, thanks to Marie Kondo.
6. Read 4 books. This year, my aim is to read a book a week which means 4 books this month! I want to read every book that I have from start to finish to determine if they’re any good or not! I’ve got so many that I’ve never read so I’ve no idea if they’re any good or not!
Have you set yourself any goals for January? Leave me a comment below so I can check out your posts!