PERSONAL | NOVEMBER GOALS
Well, Blogtober was a roaring success. NOT! You know when you just really can’t be bothered. That was me throughout the whole of October. Not just the blog but life in general. I went to work every day and when I came home, I just sat in front of the telly and ate. I’m already a hermit but my god, I’ve turned into a slob instead! in my defence, I have been ill and am still awaiting some test results but it’s definitely no excuse!
November is a new start for me. There’s now 60 days left of the year, including today obvs, and I want to make the most out of them. I am wishing December would hurry up as I have lots planned (a trip to London with Brooke to see Wicked and going to Birmingham to see Lea Michele and Darren Criss) but nevertheless, it gives me more time to get out of this funk. I wanted to make sure I stay accountable to myself so here’s a glance at my November goals!
EDIT: I was off work ill yesterday so it’s not the ideal start to the month!
1. Learn more about Pinterest. I am on Pinterest quite often but all I do is pin other people’s images. I mostly look at interior design and capsule wardrobes on there but I really want to start using it as a proper blog tool. If anyone has any top tips or links to any advice articles, please let me know!
2. Keep on top of my freelance work. I’ve been lacklustre with my out-of-work work recently. My full-time job is very full at the minute, balancing multiple clients and having to do a bit of it outside of normal office hours. This has meant that my freelance portfolio has been sort of pushed to the side. I’ve been behind on client work which is not good so this needs to change pronto! I’ve even bought myself a new diary for 2019 just for freelancing so hopefully, I’ll have it down to a tee by then!
3. Workout daily and track my health/fitness/food. In all honesty, I feel like shit lately. I’ve put on weight, I’m not eating well (although I only snack on weekends) and I can’t remember the last time I did any exercise. With 2 months left, I need to get back on the horse so they say. I’ve decided to give Blogilates another go and try Cassey’s beginner’s calendar just to ease myself into it. I don’t have a lot of time so short workouts are a must. If I start tracking what I’m eating and everything else, I can normally see a pattern!
4. Organise Blogmas. After the lacklustre commitment of Blogtober, I’m even more determined to make Blogmas a success. By getting organised now, I will hopefully have most of the posts scheduled before December. I want to branch out from the run-of-the-mill gift guides because I buy the same things for the same people every year. I’m thinking more budgeting posts and maybe some personal essay-type blogs.
5. Get cracking with my uni project! Having done absolutely nothing to contribute during October, I really need to get a move on. I finally have a deadline (17th Jan) but seeing as that is three days after my birthday, I want it done and out the way before Christmas! Once I get my car, it will be easier but for now, I can focus on all the technical, BTS stuff and plan, plan, plan!
6. Buy a car! I’ve been saving since I moved back to Hull and have around £3k saved so far. I’m grateful that my dad is lending me some money towards a car but it definitely won’t be a top-of-the-range model. I like to own things so I’ll be buying outright rather than a pay monthly deal. I’ve been having a look but haven’t done my research extensively yet!
7. Read 4 books. With so much work on, I also need to find some balance in my life. I’ve taken a backseat and really need to start reading before going to sleep again! I was planning on starting the Harry Potter books for the millionth time but I doubt I’d be able to finish one of those a week!
8. Blog once a week minimum. I really need to start posting consistently as I seem to go through phases with blogging. If I get them done in one fell swoop, it might not seem as much of a hassle! I’m trying to write more varied content too so sometimes it takes longer to write a post than a regular beauty review for me.
9. Look into creating a newsletter in the New Year/blog re-brand. To give myself a boost, I am considering doing a blog re-brand in January. It seems that newsletter seem to be having some sort of resurgence lately and I really want 2019 to be the year that I take my blog to the next level. If anyone wants to help me/do it all for me, please do. (Only kidding, I’ll pay you in chocolate/cake.)
10. No spend November! I spent way too much during October. In my defence, most of it was spent on gig tickets and hotels (I’m off to Country2Country London in March and seeing Westlife in June) and had frequent smaller spends. This month, I want to minimise all other spending. I want to keep some in reserve and put a little more towards my car!
There you have it! I really hope I can stick to them this month; it will be my entire focus because I think it’s about time I work on myself!