The Liebster Award
I was so excited when I saw on Twitter today that Aisling and now Lola had nominated me for this award! I love the idea of getting to know bloggers a bit more and sharing your new faves with everyone!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions asked my the person who nominated you.
- Make up 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
The Questions: Aisling
1. Describe your blog in three words. A mixed bag.
2. Cats or dogs? I’m allergic to cats so it has to be dogs!
3. What’s your favourite thing about blogging? I like being to express myself. I love writing about a range of things and I get to write about what I love whenever I want.
4. What’s your biggest achievement? I won my ballet solo at the age of 6, smashed it!
5. Where is your favourite place? Home sweet home!
6. What is/was your favourite subject in school? Maths; I love that there’s a right or a wrong.
7. Are you a morning or night person? I’m a morning person; I love getting up early and ticking tasks off my to-do lists. Then you get to enjoy the night!
8. What would your dream pet be? A pet penguin, so cute!
9. What’s your favourite meal? I’m a curry girl. Or pizza.
10. 3 things you want to do by the end of this year. I want to improve my blog to increase my readership. I want to keep on with my fitness plan and get healthy. I want to do what makes me happy more.
11. Have you met any celebrities? If so, who? I met Katie Price years ago at a book signing! She was a lot prettier than I ever thought she would be!
2. Who is your celebrity crush? Nick Jonas. I’ve loved him since Jonas Brothers were a thing! He went from cute to now sexy.
3. What’s behind your blog’s name? I was inspired by this book and just twisted the title to fit me and my personality.
4. Do you have an advice for those bloggers whose first language isn’t English but they post in English? If you’re not confident about your spelling, try asking a fellow blogger on Twitter if they can give your posts a quick look before you publish! I’m all for helping out!
5. What is your favorite book and why? Life in Motion by Misty Copeland. As an ex-dancer, I always had a love-hate relationship with ballet but this woman has overcome so much diversity in her life to make it to the top. She inspires me to work hard to achieve my dreams.
6. Where do you get motivation from? My motivation right now is from myself as I want to use my time more productively!
7. Favorite place you’ve ever been to? My ultimate happy place is Oxford Street in London either in Forever 21 or in Victoria’s Secret down Bond Street.
8. What is your favorite post so far on your blog and why? My Striving for Perfection post; it’s not often I do personal posts so this one was important for me to write. I’m such a career woman that sometimes that prevents me from enjoying life and affects my relationships. I’ve only been with non-ambitious guys and never again will I quash my ambitions for a man!
9. How do you think your blog is doing so far? Are you satisfied? I’ve been a bit indifferent lately over my feelings about my blog. I’ve never quite posted consistently enough because life has always got in the way. I’m satisfied that I’ve put some work in but now I’m determined to improve it.
10. What is your favorite song at the moment? Hands to Myself by Selena Gomez. That whole album is full of party/girl anthems!
11. How many languages do you speak? I did French at GCSE but can barely remember enough to string a sentence together so I’m afraid only English! I’d love to recap French and learn Italian one day.
1. Name 3 fashion staples in your wardrobe.
2. In 10 years time, where do you see yourself?
3. What was your dream job growing up?
4. Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
5. Top 3 TV shows of all time?
6. When did you start blogging?
7. Did you set any goals for 2016; if so, how are you doing so far?
8. Favourite chocolate bar.
9. Favourite pizza topping.
10. What is your favourite type of blog post to read?
11. Name your top 5 handbag essentials.