#Blogmas Day 21: Avoiding Stress At Christmas
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. So why is this time of year so stressful? We’ve got parties to go to, work shifts to do, presents to wrap, some of us even have revision or assignments to complete! Along the way, we seem to forget that Christmas is meant to be fun! Here are my top tips to keeping a cool head over the holidays:
1. Plan your time wisely. Figure out which events you need to go to, any parties you’ll be attending, work shifts you have, anything that will require a significant amount of time. This will show you how much spare time you have to get all of those Christmas tasks done!
2. Write lists. Write a to-do list at the start of every day and write a list of tasks you need to do in the run-up to the festive period. There’s nothing more satisfying than ticking off a task once you’ve completed it!
3. Dedicate one afternoon to wrapping everything. I feel bad saying this but my mum does most of the wrapping in our house. She enjoys it and it keeps her occupied for a couple of hours every night! My dad and I wrap my mum’s presents on Christmas Eve.
4. Don’t forget about yourself. Christmas is all about giving to others but you need to treat yourself too! Paint your nails, get a luxurious bath, spend the evening reading or watching your favourite film, go on a date, whatever helps you to relax!
5. Even out the workload at home. Make sure everyone in the house helps out; like I said, Mum wraps presents, my dad and I cook Christmas dinner, We all keep the house clean and tidy though!
6. Remember that it’s Christmas. Christmas, for me, is for family and being happy and relaxed.