I have a confession: I am lazy. There is nothing better for me than staying in bed all day, watching films and eating chocolate and I’ve done pretty much that all over Easter! As an only child, I love having time to myself to just relax and forget about the stresses of life.
Lazy days or just a night are vital to have every once in a while; everyone needs to have a day/night off to just chill out! Here are my lazy day essentials for you to have the best lazy day:
1. Comfy clothing: Pyjamas or joggers are mandatory. Sometimes I’ll opt for leggings and a baggy jumper but most of the time I will go for jogging bottoms and a hoodie. It doesn’t matter what you look like as long as you’re comfy.
2. Hot drinks: Whether you’re a tea girl or a hot chocolate girl like myself, there is no limit on how many you are allowed today.
3. Water: It’s still important to keep hydrated, even when you’re staying indoors for the day.
4. Junk food: Today is treat day. Order takeaway, finish those Easter eggs, bake the day before and enjoy all of the cakes. No healthy food allowed here!
5. TV boxsets/films/Netflix: You can choose whatever you want to watch, just make sure it’s something you can binge-watch. I either go for a girly TV drama, musicals or chick flicks.
6. Duvet/blanket: Comfort is key as is warmth. Keep yourself as cosy as possible!
7. No make-up: If you apply a full face of make-up for a lazy day, you’re doing it all wrong. Hair should be up in a messy bun or ponytail and your face should be cleansed and moisturised and that is it.
8. Mobile phone: It doesn’t matter what day it is, I’m attached to my phone. On a lazy day, I try not to check it too much though so I can just detox from the world.