#Blogmas Day 3: Christmas Shopping Tips
If you tuned into yesterday’s #Blogmas, you will have seen that I haven’t started my Christmas shopping yet. I’m hoping to get mine done next Friday; I have very few people to buy for and know what I’m going to buy for most of them anyway!
1. My best tip is to make a list! Write down everyone who you need to buy for, how much you plan on spending on them and any ideas of what you’re going to buy them. Go online to research if you get stuck for ideas! Make sure you also prioritise who you buy for too: parents/best friends are essential, everyone you work with and your neighbour’s dog, not so much.
2. For all the students out there, make use of your NUS card and Unidays account for extra discounts in hundreds of shops and online too. For those non-students, many companies have been doing vouchers in the run-up to Christmas (they’re probably at the bottom of your purse or rammed in your purse) and now is the perfect time to use them!
3. Try to do the bulk of your shopping online; it saves you time and money usually! The best thing about online shopping? You can do it from the comfort of your sofa or bed while you’re watching TV. Bonus!
4. Depending on how many people you have to buy for, either split your shopping into a few parts or do what I’m going to do this year and just go on one trip. My best friend has decided we’re not doing presents plus I’m skint at the moment so I can’t imagine it will take me long to pick up all the presents I need.
5. Plan your shopping trips too. Take your list with you, make sure you know which shops you’re going to go into and have your vouchers and discount codes at the ready. Plan the trip just for Christmas shopping and stay focused i.e. don’t get distracted and start shopping for yourself! (I’m definitely guilty of doing this in the past!)
6. Don’t forget to factor in the price of cards/wrapping paper/bows etc. I’ve stopped bothering with cards for most people nowadays; if someone is getting a present, I wrap it up and then add a gift tag to it.